The warm weather and fresh avocados inspire an overall feeling of wellness for many folks (myself included), and so I thought I’d share my favorite healthy smoothie recipe with you all. It beats those overpriced, high-sugar, processed smoothies they have at the grocery store — I promise.
This is a great smoothie to have on-hand for just about everyone, from sedentary folks, to lightly-and-moderately-active people, to full-blown athletes.
Since this specific version is my own invention, I want to let you guys know that you can change these proportions and ingredients accordingly; however, be prepared for the nutritional stats, calorie content, taste, and consistency to change if you do. It might take some adjusting, but it can be altered if that’s really what you want to do.
In fact, I encourage experimentation.
I actually make this smoothie with a few scoops of vegan, plant-based protein powder sometimes; the rest of the shake can be adjusted to accommodate this change with the addition of water. How much water you add honestly just depends on your taste/consistency preferences (watery and dilute vs. thick and saturated).
It’s super easy to make this filling, nutritious, slimming smoothie; and, the whole thing only comes out to 490 healthy calories!
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 cups of whole milk (Lactaid also works as an alternative here; that’s what I use… Since lactose-intolerance is a thing and what not…)
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (try to avoid the canned stuff, though)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsps of smooth peanut butter (I swear I’m not discriminating against chunky peanut butter)
How to do the smoothie thing:
- Dump all those ingredients into the blender, and blend, blend, blend away!
- If you find it too thick, add some water to the concoction to loosen it up a bit.
- Stick a thick straw in, thank your body for all it does for you, and ENJOY!
Happy smoothie-sipping, everyone! 🍌🥛🌹😘